Recipe by Alison J.
Need a filling and healthy dinner on the double? Got pasta but no sauce? Fear not! My father in law comes to the rescue. This is served as a main course in my home, but it would also make a nice side dish.
- 170 g whole wheat linguine (or pasta of choice)
- 1 garlic clove, thinly sliced
- 3 -4 tablespoons olive oil
- 8 -12 grape tomatoes
- 1⁄4 onion, minced
- 2 teaspoons parmesan cheese, grated
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook pasta according to package directions.
- Meanwhile, slice each tomato in half and squeeze gently to remove some of the seeds and juice (does not need to be perfect - but without this step, the sauce will be too watery!).
- Heat oil in a small pot. Add garlic and cook until lightly browned. Remove garlic from oil with a slotted spoon and discard.
- Transfer garlic-infused oil to a large skillet on medium-low heat. Add onion and tomatoes, and stir frequently.
- By the time the pasta is cooked, the tomatoes and onions should also be ready. Drain pasta and add to skillet with sauce. Toss to coat.
- Serve topped with grated parmesan cheese.