1/1 Photo of Pasta With Pumpkin & Pesto
I like things that are quick & easy to prepare & this is no exception. This is a nice quick meal. I usually use a chunky pasta like vegeroni or penne and you can cut down the fat by using light evaporated milk if you like, I usually do. For a vegetarian meal just leave out the bacon. Much to my amazement this was even a hit with my 17 month old daughter. Tastes great cold too so could be a pumpkin pesto pasta salad!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Cook pasta according to pkt directions.
- 2Whilst pasta is cooking, heat oil in a separate pan, add onion, bacon and pumpkin and cook for 2 minutes.
- 3Add pesto sauce and combined evaporated milk and cornflour.
- 4Bring to the boil stirring, simmer uncovered for approx 10 minutes If sauce thickens too much just add a little milk to bring it back to desired consistency.
- 5Add salt and pepper to taste.
- 6Stir drained pasta through sauce and serve garnished with toasted pine nuts and Parmesan cheese.
Browse Our Top Pasta, Rice and Grains Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Pasta, Rice and Grains Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pasta With Pumpkin & Pesto
Serving Size: 1 (290 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 562.6
- Calories from Fat 128
- Total Fat 14.3 g
- Saturated Fat 5.9 g
- Cholesterol 31.6 mg
- Sodium 146.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 87.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.8 g
- Sugars 4.4 g
- Protein 20.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included: