Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
My mom found this recipe years ago, and since then it has been a favorite among my own family and with anyone who got my mom to give up the recipe :) ... So flavorful, you too will not only enjoy this but never truly be able to get enough of it!
- 29.58 ml butter
- 3 large shallots, minced
- 177.44 ml low sodium chicken broth
- 236.59 ml whipping cream
- 9.85 ml grated fresh lemon rind
- 4.92 ml orange zest
- 1.23 ml cayenne pepper
- 236.59-473.18 ml frozen green pea, thawed
- 9.85 ml thinly sliced fresh mint leaves
- 14.79 ml fresh lemon juice (1 lemon)
- 453.59 g penne pasta
- 226.79 g prosciutto (12 thin slices)
- Melt butter.
- Add shallots and sauté until translucent (about 2 min.).
- Add broth.
- Simmer over medium-hi heat until reduced to 1/4 cup (about 2 minutes).
- Add cream, lemon peel, orange peel, and cayenne.
- Simmer until sauce thickens slightly (about 3 minutes).
- Add peas.
- Simmer until heated through (about 2 minutes).
- Stir in mint and lemon juice.
- Meanwhile, cook pasta.
- Cut up prosciutto into bite-size pieces (approx. 1-2 square inches) and add at end to mixture.
- Mix cream sauce with pasta.
- Sprinkle fresh Parmesan on top.
really delicious, i used pappardelle pasta, actually lemon pepper one from trader joe's and it was a big hit.
This was absolutely delicious! I did tweak it a little though. I added dill and oregano to it because I subbed shrimp for the prosciutto. I also switched out the cayenne with dried red pepper flakes. And I used cheese tortellini. But the sauce was so delicious.
This was absolutely fabulous. Have made it several times - wouldn't change a thing. Thanks for posting!