1/2 Photos of Pasta With Prosciutto in a Lemon Cream Sauce
Hungry Chefs's Note:
My mom found this recipe years ago, and since then it has been a favorite among my own family and with anyone who got my mom to give up the recipe :) ... So flavorful, you too will not only enjoy this but never truly be able to get enough of it!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 29.58 ml butter
- 3 large shallots, minced
- 177.44 ml low sodium chicken broth
- 236.59 ml whipping cream
- 9.85 ml grated fresh lemon rind
- 4.92 ml orange zest
- 1.23 ml cayenne pepper
- 236.59-473.18 ml frozen green pea, thawed
- 9.85 ml thinly sliced fresh mint leaves
- 14.79 ml fresh lemon juice (1 lemon)
- 453.59 g penne pasta
- 226.79 g prosciutto (12 thin slices)
- 1Melt butter.
- 2Add shallots and sauté until translucent (about 2 min.).
- 3Add broth.
- 4Simmer over medium-hi heat until reduced to 1/4 cup (about 2 minutes).
- 5Add cream, lemon peel, orange peel, and cayenne.
- 6Simmer until sauce thickens slightly (about 3 minutes).
- 7Add peas.
- 8Simmer until heated through (about 2 minutes).
- 9Stir in mint and lemon juice.
- 10Meanwhile, cook pasta.
- 11Cut up prosciutto into bite-size pieces (approx. 1-2 square inches) and add at end to mixture.
- 12Mix cream sauce with pasta.
- 13Sprinkle fresh Parmesan on top.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pasta With Prosciutto in a Lemon Cream Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (313 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 711.3
- Calories from Fat 275
- Total Fat 30.5 g
- Saturated Fat 17.7 g
- Cholesterol 96.7 mg
- Sodium 122.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 100.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 14.2 g
- Sugars 2.2 g
- Protein 13.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included: