Recipe by Hungry Chefs
My mom found this recipe years ago, and since then it has been a favorite among my own family and with anyone who got my mom to give up the recipe :) ... So flavorful, you too will not only enjoy this but never truly be able to get enough of it!
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 3 large shallots, minced
- 3⁄4 cup low sodium chicken broth
- 1 cup whipping cream
- 2 teaspoons grated fresh lemon rind
- 1 teaspoon orange zest
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 -2 cup frozen green pea, thawed
- 2 teaspoons thinly sliced fresh mint leaves
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice (1 lemon)
- 1 lb penne pasta
- 1⁄2 lb prosciutto (12 thin slices)
Directions See How It's Made
- Melt butter.
- Add shallots and sauté until translucent (about 2 min.).
- Add broth.
- Simmer over medium-hi heat until reduced to 1/4 cup (about 2 minutes).
- Add cream, lemon peel, orange peel, and cayenne.
- Simmer until sauce thickens slightly (about 3 minutes).
- Add peas.
- Simmer until heated through (about 2 minutes).
- Stir in mint and lemon juice.
- Meanwhile, cook pasta.
- Cut up prosciutto into bite-size pieces (approx. 1-2 square inches) and add at end to mixture.
- Mix cream sauce with pasta.
- Sprinkle fresh Parmesan on top.