Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
Very good, very rich recipe
- 1 lb cheese-filled egg tortellini
- 1⁄4 lb prosciutto
- 2 tablespoons chopped onions
- 6 ounces heavy cream
- 4 ounces frozen peas
- 2 tablespoons parmesan cheese
- salt and black pepper
- chopped parsley
- Place tortellini in the pot of boiling water.
- Melt 2 tbsp butter in a large skillet. Add proscuitto and cook until crispy. In same skillet, add the onion and cook for two minutes (until golden). Pour in the cream and reduce until slightly thickened.
- Remove the pasta from the water when it is al dente, about 8 minutes. Drain and add the pasta to the cream mixture along with the peas and cheese. Reduce for 1 minute. Toss and adjust the seasonings. Spoon into a large pasta bowl and serve.
- Garnish with additional grated Parmesan and chopped parsley, if desired.
I think I'm going to make more sauce next time because it was so good. I used Dreamfields Penne instead of tortellini and it so wonderful with a big salad for dinner.
This is such a simple recipe, and so very tasty, it would be a shame not to serve this wonderful dish. I made exactly as directed, only doubling the recipe. Thanks so much, Valerie for sharing!
This is a dish I have made for years and it's a favorite. I use a clove or two of chopped garlic rather than the onions and saute this quickly in a little butter, proceeding with the rest of the recipe.