Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
Very good, very rich recipe
- 1 lb cheese-filled egg tortellini
- 1⁄4 lb prosciutto
- 2 tablespoons chopped onions
- 6 ounces heavy cream
- 4 ounces frozen peas
- 2 tablespoons parmesan cheese
- salt and black pepper
- chopped parsley
- Place tortellini in the pot of boiling water.
- Melt 2 tbsp butter in a large skillet. Add proscuitto and cook until crispy. In same skillet, add the onion and cook for two minutes (until golden). Pour in the cream and reduce until slightly thickened.
- Remove the pasta from the water when it is al dente, about 8 minutes. Drain and add the pasta to the cream mixture along with the peas and cheese. Reduce for 1 minute. Toss and adjust the seasonings. Spoon into a large pasta bowl and serve.
- Garnish with additional grated Parmesan and chopped parsley, if desired.
This dish would feed four adults in our opinion. It is a very, very rich dish. Though good I didn't find it great, it is unlikely I will make it again. For those who appreciate such a rich meal I'm sure it would be very enjoyable. I really should have known by the ingredients alone that it would not suit our taste as we stopped eating like this year's ago, we eat much simpler now. This should be kept in mind when reading my review. However, I do believe that this meal, along with a small green salad, should easily feed four adults.
I think I'm going to make more sauce next time because it was so good. I used Dreamfields Penne instead of tortellini and it so wonderful with a big salad for dinner.
This is such a simple recipe, and so very tasty, it would be a shame not to serve this wonderful dish. I made exactly as directed, only doubling the recipe. Thanks so much, Valerie for sharing!