Recipe by Valerie in Florida
Very good, very rich recipe
Top Review by idbloomin
This dish would feed four adults in our opinion. It is a very, very rich dish. Though good I didn't find it great, it is unlikely I will make it again. For those who appreciate such a rich meal I'm sure it would be very enjoyable. I really should have known by the ingredients alone that it would not suit our taste as we stopped eating like this year's ago, we eat much simpler now. This should be kept in mind when reading my review. However, I do believe that this meal, along with a small green salad, should easily feed four adults.
- 1 lb cheese-filled egg tortellini
- 1⁄4 lb prosciutto
- 2 tablespoons chopped onions
- 6 ounces heavy cream
- 4 ounces frozen peas
- 2 tablespoons parmesan cheese
- salt and black pepper
- chopped parsley
Directions See How It's Made
- Place tortellini in the pot of boiling water.
- Melt 2 tbsp butter in a large skillet. Add proscuitto and cook until crispy. In same skillet, add the onion and cook for two minutes (until golden). Pour in the cream and reduce until slightly thickened.
- Remove the pasta from the water when it is al dente, about 8 minutes. Drain and add the pasta to the cream mixture along with the peas and cheese. Reduce for 1 minute. Toss and adjust the seasonings. Spoon into a large pasta bowl and serve.
- Garnish with additional grated Parmesan and chopped parsley, if desired.