- 3⁄4 lb macaroni (the recipe asked for gemellis) or 3⁄4 lb other small shell pasta (the recipe asked for gemellis)
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 lb ground lean pork
- 2 cups frozen corn
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 2 cups light cheddar cheese, shredded (the recipe asked for sharp cheddar)
- 4 green onions, chopped
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- In a saucepan with boiling water, cook pasta until al dente. Drain and oil lightly. Keep 1/2 cup of the cooking water.
- Meanwhile, in a skillet, soften the onion in oil. Add pork and cook, while breaking it, until browned. Add salt and pepper. Add corn, garlic and keep cooking about 2 minutes.
- Add pasta, cheese, green onion and the cooking water you set aside. Stir to coat well the pasta and to reheat. Adjust seasoning.