1/2 Photos of Pasta With Porcini Mushroom Sauce
From a Moosewood cookbook, posted for Zaar World Tour.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Break each mushroom into 2 or 3 pieces.
- 2Soak them in 1 cup of hot water for at least 20 minutes.
- 3Melt the butter in a saucepan large enogh to hold the cooked pasta.
- 4Saute the onions and rosemary in the butter for several minutes, until the onion is translucent.
- 5Mix in the marsala and cook for 2 more minutes.
- 6Drain the mushrooms through a coffee filter or several paper towels and reserve the liquid.
- 7Add 1/2 cup of the mushroom water, all of the mushrooms, and the tomato paste to the sauteed onions. Simmer.
- 8Mix the cream and parsley into the mushroom sauce and lower the heat to a simmer.
- 9Add salt and pepper to taste.
- 10Cook pasta according to package directions.
- 11When pasta is el dente, drain and add it to the mushroom sauce in the saucepan.
- 12Add the cheese and toss everything to coat the pasta evenly.
Browse Our Top Mushroom Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pasta With Porcini Mushroom Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (467 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1149.9
- Calories from Fat 548
- Total Fat 60.9 g
- Saturated Fat 37.2 g
- Cholesterol 204.5 mg
- Sodium 422.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 109.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.7 g
- Sugars 4.2 g
- Protein 26.3 g