Recipe by Lavender Lynn
adapted from The Occasional Vegetarian
Top Review by Bonnie G #2
Both DH and I really like this recipe. It's so easy to put together on a minutes notice and tasted so fresh with a great blend of flavors. I did have to make some changes because of what I could find available here - Used dried basal and bow tie pasta, then I have to admit to DH insisting on adding ground round as he could not think of a pasta without it - no matter WHAT I tried to convince him of it not needing it and added a can of Italian flavored stewed tomatoes (again at DH's insistane). Hee, Hee - you should have seen me trying to explain to him why it looked PINK. However; even with all the changes it came out great - so fresh tasting. Served with a green salad and truly enjoyed. It did make a lot of sauce for the 2 of us so I've frozen some and can't wait to see if that works as it'll be nice to have it to just pull out when we want.
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 14.79 ml olive oil
- 473.18 ml tomato sauce
- 29.58 ml white wine
- 59.14 ml half-and-half
- 59.14 ml sun-dried tomato, chopped
- 4.92 ml salt
- 226.79 g penne, cooked
- 118.29 ml basil, torn
- 118.29 ml parmesan cheese, grated
Directions See How It's Made
- In medium skillet, saute garlic in olive oil for 2 minutes.
- Add tomato sauce and simmer for 1 minute.
- Add wine and half and half, simmer for 2 minutes.
- Add sun-dried tomatoes.
- Stir well.
- Add basil and simmer for 1 minute.
- Add cooked pasta. remove from heat,
- Add cheese and stir.