Prep 30 mins
Cook 0 mins
From the April 1994 Bon Appetit magazine, a simple dish that can be served either as an entree or in smaller portions as a side.
- 12 ounces fusilli or 12 ounces spiral shaped pasta
- 5 tablespoons olive oil
- 2⁄3 cup pine nuts, toasted
- 2⁄3 cup sun-dried tomato, chopped
- 1⁄3 cup fresh parsley, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- Cook fusilli pasta in large pot of boiling salted water until just tender but still firm to bite.
- Drain pasta well.
- Heat 3 tablespoons olive oil in heavy large skillet over high heat.
- Add pasta and fry until beginning to crisp at edges, stirring frequently, about 10 minutes.
- Transfer pasta to large bowl.
- Add remaining 2 tablespoons olive oil to same skillet.
- Add toasted pine nuts and sun-dried tomatoes and stir over high heat until just warmed through, about 1 minute.
- Pour pine nut mixture over pasta. Add chopped parsley and grated Parmesan cheese and toss to blend.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper and serve.