Recipe by Derf
Lovely creamy Chicken Salad, quick and easy! from B H & G
Top Review by mawr
This was pretty good. Almost doubled sauce, and added red pepper, tomatoes, and sun dried tomatoes, and instead of poaching, pan fried the chicken after cutting it up. Cooled everything quickly in the freezer and stirred together. This was really easy, very good for the effort. The only thing about this recipe is that it can get a touch expensive with premade pest.
- 6 ounces dried wagon wheel macaroni or 6 ounces rotini pasta (about 2 cups)
- 12 ounces boneless skinless chicken breast halves, cut into 1 inch pieces
- 1⁄4 cup refrigerated pesto sauce
- 1⁄2 cup fat free sour cream
- 1 cup chopped fresh vegetables (such as red, yellow or green sweet pepper, broccoli florets, zucchini or cucumber)
- 1 small tomatoes, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup toasted pine nuts or 1⁄4 cup chopped walnuts, toasted (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook pasta according to package directions, adding chicken the last 5 to 6 minutes of cooking.
- Cook till pasta is tender but firm and chicken is no longer pink.
- Drain pasta and chicken.
- Rinse with cold water, drain again.
- Combine pesto and sour cream in a large mixing bowl.
- Add pasta/chicken mixture, chopped veggies and tomato.
- Toss lightly to coat.
- If desired, sprinkle with nuts.