Recipe by dicentra
From Real Simple.
Top Review by luvcook'n
I am surprised that this has not be reviewed by now! I had to make a couple of changes...due to what was in the pantry. I had left over BBQ'd pork steaks that I cubed and used veggie broth and used spinach instead of the radicchio. Added the fresh spinach just before serving. This is wonderful....I use the same technique when I have left over chicken. So I know I have changed your recipe...but it is a testament as to how versatile it is. Thank you so much for this wonderful recipe!
- 1 lb rotini pasta
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 2 pork cutlets
- 1 head radicchio, chopped
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1⁄4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1⁄4 cup roughly chopped fresh basil
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook pasta in lightly salted boiling water according to the package directions; drain.
- Meanwhile, heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add garlic and cook for 2 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add peas, pork cutlets, radicchio, chicken broth, kosher salt, freshly ground pepper, and the pasta.
- Cook until the liquid is absorbed and the meat andvegetables are heated through, about 5 minutes.
- Toss with lemon juice and more salt to taste. Top with fresh basil.