Prep 5 mins
Cook 12 mins
A really simple easy to use recipe, you can use any other type of pasta. I use penne
- 350 g frozen peas
- 450 g dry penne pasta
- 12 slices pancetta or 12 slices streaky bacon
- 30 ml of fresh mint, shredded
- 15 ml flat leaf parsley, chopped
- 50 g parmesan cheese, grated
- 15 g butter
- 15 ml olive oil
- salt & freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- parmesan cheese, pieces
- Cook the penne in a pan of salty water for about 10-12 minutes until ‘al dente’ or see the packet instructions. Drain well.
- Cook the peas for 2 minutes then drain well and keep hot.
- Meanwhile heat a frying pan with the oil and butter. Add the rashers of pancetta and fry until golden brown. Drain on kitchen paper. In a large bowl toss all the ingredients together season to taste.
- Garnish with the Parmesan shavings and serve piping hot.