Prep 5 mins
Cook 30 mins
An old collegue and I used to swap lots of bean recipes. This is one of them.
- 1⁄4 lb prosciutto, julienned
- 2 cups peas, fresh or frozen
- 1 1⁄16 lbs pasta
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 3⁄4 cup fresh parmesan cheese, grated
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Saute prosciutto over medium heat, stirring frequently until slightly crisp.
- Remove from pan and drain on paper towel.
- Boil peas in salted water until just tender.
- Drain well and set aside.
- Cook pasta in salted boiling water until al dente.
- Drain well and return to pot.
- While pasta is cooking, place cream in sauce pan over medium-high heat.
- Bring to boil, then immediately reduce heat to simmer.
- Summer until slightly thick, about 5 minute.
- Pour warm cream over cooked pasta.
- Add prosciutto, peas and Parmesan cheese.
- Return to low heat and cook for just a few minutes, until sauce is thickened.
- Season with salt and pepper and enjoy.
Great recipe! I used regular ham and cut the amount of peas in half but it was perfectly salty and sweet and creamy. Thanks for posting.