Recipe by sbera007
We had tons of sweet corn we had cooked and I had to get really creative with my recipes. I adapted this recipe from another recipe I found in a Taste of Home Pasta cookbook. This can be a vegetarian meal or side dish, or add some grilled chicken for the meat eaters in your home!
- 8 ounces small whole wheat pasta shells
- 1⁄4 cup low-fat margarine
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 green pepper (chopped)
- 2 1⁄4 cups fresh corn
- 4 roma tomatoes (chopped)
- salt (to taste)
- pepper (to taste)
- 3 tablespoons parmesan cheese (grated)
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook pasta according to directions.
- Meanwhile, heat margarine, add onion powder, and saute green pepper until tender.
- Drain pasta (reserving about 1/2 cup of pasta water).
- Add pasta, corn, tomatoes, salt and pepper.
- Cook until heated through.
- Remove from heat.
- Add Parmesan cheese and serve.