1/2 Photos of Pasta With Pancetta and Tomato Sauce - Giada De Laurentiis
I saw Food Network's Giada make this simple and quick to put together dish and had to make it. I loved it! Sometimes, I substitute lean ham or canadian bacon for the panchetta.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Add the pancetta to a large skillet over medium heat.
- 2Add olive oil and saute until golden, say 8 minutes. (Suggestion: If using lean ham, add 1/2 tsp black pepper and 1/2 tsp sweet paprika).
- 3Add the onion and saute till tender for 5 minutes. Season with salt.
- 4Add the garlic and red pepper flakes and saute until fragrant for about 30 seconds.
- 5Stir in the tomato puree.
- 6Simmer uncovered over medium-low heat until the sauce thickens slightly and the flavors blend, about 15 minutes.
- 7Meanwhile, boil the pasta according to directions.
- 8Drain, reserving 1 cup of the cooking liquid.
- 9Toss the linguine with the sauce in the skillet, adding some of the reserved cooking liquid until the pasta is moist but being careful not to dilute the sauce.
- 10Toss with the cheese.
Browse Our Top Pork Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Pork Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pasta With Pancetta and Tomato Sauce - Giada De Laurentiis
Serving Size: 1 (232 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 571.2
- Calories from Fat 80
- Total Fat 8.9 g
- Saturated Fat 1.3 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 63.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 106.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 7.9 g
- Sugars 13.8 g
- Protein 18.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
pecorino romano cheese