Recipe by dicentra
From 1001 More Low Fat Recipes. I can get the most beautiful oyster mushrooms at the local Asian market!
Top Review by Barbara Polowetz
Absolutely awesome recipe. I, too, have a favorite Asian market here in Tucson and bought the oyster mushrooms this morning wondering what to do with them when I got home. Made this recipe EXACTLY as posted. I served over cheese tortellini. FABULOUS!!
- 16 ounces oyster mushrooms
- 1 -2 tablespoon minced garlic
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 2 cups milk
- 1⁄2 cup chicken broth or 1⁄2 cup vegetable broth
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1 cup chopped tomato
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 12 ounces fettuccine, cooked, warm
- 2 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Separate oyster mushrooms into pieces. Saute mushrooms and garli in butter in a large skillet until soft, about 5 minutes.
- Stir in flour. Cook 1 minute.
- Add milk, broth, and lemon juice to skillet; heat to boiling.
- Reduce heat and simmer, uncovered, until liquid is reduced by half.
- Stir in tomato, salt and pepper; cook over medium heat until hot.
- Spoon over pasta and top with cheese.