Recipe by conniecooks
Roasting the tomatoes intensifies the flavour and makes them taste very rich and wonderful. Another thing to do with all those tomatoes from the garden. This sauce also goes well with grilled Fish, Chicken and other roasted or grilled vegetables
- 12 plum tomatoes
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 6 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄2 cup olive oil
- 1⁄2 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1⁄2 cup chopped fresh basil
- 1⁄4 lb rotini pasta or 1⁄4 lb fusilli
- freshly grated parmesan cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut Tomatoes in half lengthwise.
- Place cut side up in a 9 x 13 baking pan.
- Sprinkle with Salt & Pepper.
- In a small bowl combine garlic,1/4 Cup olive oil, 1/4 cup basil and 1/4 cup parsley.
- Spread over Tomatoes.
- Bake in preheated 425 oven about 70 minutes until tops are slightly charred.
- Cool 15 minutes.
- Squeeze pulp from tomatoes into a bowl.
- Discard skins.
- Coarsely chop pulp.
- Stir in remaining olive oil, parsley and basil.
- Meanwhile cook pasta in boiling salted water about 8 minutes, or until tender.
- Toss with sauce.
- Sprinkle with parmesan.