Prep 0 mins
Cook 20 mins
This is a fast & economical dish. It is very good. Even when my children & grandchildren were small, they all loved it!! It's an Italian dish that has been around for a very long time.
- 453.59 g spaghetti (good quality)
- 118.29 ml olive oil
- 3-4 clove garlic (depending on size of cloves)
- 14.79 ml dried parsley or 29.58 ml fresh parsley
- salt and pepper
- Bring a large pot of water to a brisk boil.
- Add salt.
- Add the spaghetti, following directions on the box.
- Meanwhile, heat the oil in a small pan.
- Slice the garlic thinly and add it to the oil.
- remove the pan from the heat when the garlic turns a pale golden color (do not brown the garlic).
- Add the parsley, salt and pepper.
- Reserve 1/2-3/4 cup pasta water.
- Drain pasta & stir in the oil.
- Add the water if you think the mixture is too dry.
This is very good. I added some parmesan and tabasco to taste.
what a great recipe. I can use it as a main dish or as a side dish with breaded cutlets.
Wonderful, I did add the parm cheese and fresh tomatoes. I think that next time we will add some chicken.