from Aglaia Kremezi
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 fennel bulbs, 1 sliced and 1 chopped
- 1 lb bucatini pasta or 1 lb perciatelli or 1 lb spaghetti
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 -4 cloves garlic, chopped
- 2/3 cup chopped fresh wild fennel or 2/3 cup fennel, tops
- 2 anchovy fillets, chopped
- 1/3-1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1/3 cup olive oil, with anchovies and chili peppers (in my recipes)
- fresh ground black pepper
- sea salt
- 1Fill a large pot with water and bring to a boil.
- 2Add the sliced fennel bulb and the bucatini and cook until the pasta is al dente, approximately 10 minutes.
- 3Meanwhile, place the 2 tblsps olive oil in a large skillet.
- 4Add the chopped fennel bulb and saute over medium heat for about 3 minutes.
- 5Add the garlic, half the wild fennel, the chopped anchovies and the red pepper flakes.
- 6Cook, stirring, for 6-8 minutes, or until the greens are tender.
- 7Drain the pasta, reserving a little of the cooking liquid.
- 8Chop the boiled fennel and add it to the sauce along with ¼ cup of the cooking liquid and the drained pasta.
- 9Drizzle with the Olive Oil with Anchovies and Chili Peppers.
- 10Add the remaining chopped fennel and toss well.
- 11Taste, adjust the seasonings to your liking, and serve immediately.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pasta with Olive Oil, Anchovies and Fennel
Serving Size: 1 (173 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 685.8
- Calories from Fat 242
- Total Fat 26.9 g
- Saturated Fat 3.7 g
- Cholesterol 1.7 mg
- Sodium 140.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 94.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 7.3 g
- Sugars 2.0 g
- Protein 17.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included: