Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
from Aglaia Kremezi
Make and share this Pasta with Olive Oil, Anchovies and Fennel recipe from Food.com.
- 2 fennel bulbs, 1 sliced and 1 chopped
- 1 lb bucatini pasta or 1 lb perciatelli or 1 lb spaghetti
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 -4 cloves garlic, chopped
- 2⁄3 cup chopped fresh wild fennel or 2⁄3 cup fennel, tops
- 2 anchovy fillets, chopped
- 1⁄3-1⁄2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1⁄3 cup olive oil, with anchovies and chili peppers (in my recipes)
- fresh ground black pepper
- sea salt
- Fill a large pot with water and bring to a boil.
- Add the sliced fennel bulb and the bucatini and cook until the pasta is al dente, approximately 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, place the 2 tblsps olive oil in a large skillet.
- Add the chopped fennel bulb and saute over medium heat for about 3 minutes.
- Add the garlic, half the wild fennel, the chopped anchovies and the red pepper flakes.
- Cook, stirring, for 6-8 minutes, or until the greens are tender.
- Drain the pasta, reserving a little of the cooking liquid.
- Chop the boiled fennel and add it to the sauce along with ¼ cup of the cooking liquid and the drained pasta.
- Drizzle with the Olive Oil with Anchovies and Chili Peppers.
- Add the remaining chopped fennel and toss well.
- Taste, adjust the seasonings to your liking, and serve immediately.
We enjoyed this recipe very much but we added a few things like ca. 100g of ham pieces, a cup of stock and 325g of "latina" Tomato, Pinenut & Parmesan fresh pasta sauce.