Recipe by teresas
This is out of my Easy Entertaining cookbook...it's for a party of 10...the Italian-style dinner party...hope you enjoy it!
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 small fennel bulbs, chopped
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can crushed tomatoes
- 2 chicken bouillon cubes
- 3 tablespoons tomato paste
- 4 cups water
- 1 1⁄2 lbs mussels, scrubbed and de-bearded
- 1⁄2 cup whipping cream
- 1⁄4 cup parsley, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 2 lbs spiral shaped pasta
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat butter in large pan, add onion.
- Cook, stirring, until golden brown.
- Add garlic and fennel, stir over heat 5 minutes.
- Add undrained crushed tomatoes, crumbled bouillon cubes, tomato paste, and water, mix well.
- Bring to a boil, reduce heat, simmer uncovered 45 minutes.
- Add mussels, cook over low heat until mussels open, discard unopened shells.
- Add cream, parsley and Parmesan cheese.
- Cook pasta in a large pan of boiling water until just tender, drain.
- Serve with sauce.