1 hr 15 mins
This is out of my Easy Entertaining cookbook...it's for a party of 10...the Italian-style dinner party...hope you enjoy it!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 small fennel bulbs, chopped
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can crushed tomatoes
- 2 chicken bouillon cubes
- 3 tablespoons tomato paste
- 4 cups water
- 1 1/2 lbs mussels, scrubbed and de-bearded
- 1/2 cup whipping cream
- 1/4 cup parsley, chopped
- 1/4 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 2 lbs spiral shaped pasta
- 1Heat butter in large pan, add onion.
- 2Cook, stirring, until golden brown.
- 3Add garlic and fennel, stir over heat 5 minutes.
- 4Add undrained crushed tomatoes, crumbled bouillon cubes, tomato paste, and water, mix well.
- 5Bring to a boil, reduce heat, simmer uncovered 45 minutes.
- 6Add mussels, cook over low heat until mussels open, discard unopened shells.
- 7Add cream, parsley and Parmesan cheese.
- 8Cook pasta in a large pan of boiling water until just tender, drain.
- 9Serve with sauce.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pasta With Mussels and Fennel
Serving Size: 1 (371 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 497.1
- Calories from Fat 85
- Total Fat 9.5 g
- Saturated Fat 4.5 g
- Cholesterol 40.7 mg
- Sodium 562.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 79.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.4 g
- Sugars 3.6 g
- Protein 22.9 g