Pasta With Mushrooms, Sun-Dried Tomatoes and Pine Nuts
- Place sun dried tomatoes in a small bowl and pour 2 cups of boiling water over them. Let stand until tomatoes soften, about 15 minutes. Drain the tomatoes, reserving the liquid. Thinly slice the tomatoes.
- Spray a large nonstick skillet generously with PAM. Add mushrooms, onion, wine, garlic, reserved tomato liquid and the sliced tomatoes. Bring to a boil over high heat. Reduce to medium, and simmer until liquids are reduced by half and vegetables are tender, about 25 minutes.
- Meanwhile, cook the pasta in a large pot of boiling, salted water until just tender but still firm to the bite. Drain the pasta, reserving 1 cup of the cooking liquid. Return the pasta to the same large pot.
- Pour sauce from the skillet over the pasta. Add the Parmesan cheese and pine nuts. Toss, adding reserved cooking liquid by quarter cupfuls if the mixture is dry.
- Mix in basil. Season to taste with salt and pepper.