Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Cut from the newspaper and posted here for safekeeping. The paper said the source was Bon Appetit Magazine.
- 12 sun-dried tomatoes (not oil packed)
- 2 cups water, boiling
- Pam cooking spray
- 1 lb mushroom, thickly sliced
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 cup dry white wine
- 2 large garlic cloves, chopped
- 12 ounces penne pasta, uncooked
- 1⁄2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1⁄4 cup pine nuts, toasted
- 1⁄4 cup fresh basil, sliced (or 2 tsp. dried)
- Place sun dried tomatoes in a small bowl and pour 2 cups of boiling water over them. Let stand until tomatoes soften, about 15 minutes. Drain the tomatoes, reserving the liquid. Thinly slice the tomatoes.
- Spray a large nonstick skillet generously with PAM. Add mushrooms, onion, wine, garlic, reserved tomato liquid and the sliced tomatoes. Bring to a boil over high heat. Reduce to medium, and simmer until liquids are reduced by half and vegetables are tender, about 25 minutes.
- Meanwhile, cook the pasta in a large pot of boiling, salted water until just tender but still firm to the bite. Drain the pasta, reserving 1 cup of the cooking liquid. Return the pasta to the same large pot.
- Pour sauce from the skillet over the pasta. Add the Parmesan cheese and pine nuts. Toss, adding reserved cooking liquid by quarter cupfuls if the mixture is dry.
- Mix in basil. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
Very good pasta dish which we enjoyed! I used tiny shell pasta instead of the pasta suggested. Thanks for sharing!