Prep 15 mins
Cook 16 mins
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- 1 lb white mushroom, quartered (about 6 cups)
- 5 -6 cups bow tie pasta (or other short dried pasta)
- 1 cup cooked peas
- 1 cup fat-free chicken broth
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1⁄4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 2 cans chopped cooked ham
- In a large skillet (preferably nonstick), heat oil over medium-high heat.
- Add onion; cook and stir until tender, about 5 minutes.
- Stir in mushrooms and ham.
- Cook and stir until mushrooms are tender, about 8 minutes.
- Meanwhile, cook pasta according to package directions; drain; return pasta to saucepan.
- Add mushroom-ham mixture, peas, chicken broth and pepper; cook and stir until hot, about 3 minutes.
- Just before serving, add grated cheese.
2 cloves of chopped garlic added to the mushrooms would give a nice flavour. Also I would add 250g shaved, light ham to keep it low fat. Some cherry tomotoes would add some colour to this dish also. Now you have my recipie.
This recipe is delicious! I added some garlic, as I have a hard time cooking without it. Warning: Do NOT omit the mushroom. I did, because my DH doesn't like them - and the flavor definitely suffered. I added them back in with the leftovers, and realized how necessary they are in the recipe.
Super great recipe for leftover ham! I love that's it's low-cal. I used 2 cloves of garlic, and 10oz of mushrooms and pasta. Next time I'll add some sherry to the mushrooms. Note to future self: don't add salt until you taste because the ham is salty. Thanks for the keeper!