Top Review by Dolphin
2 cloves of chopped garlic added to the mushrooms would give a nice flavour. Also I would add 250g shaved, light ham to keep it low fat. Some cherry tomotoes would add some colour to this dish also. Now you have my recipie.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- 1 lb white mushroom, quartered (about 6 cups)
- 5 -6 cups bow tie pasta (or other short dried pasta)
- 1 cup cooked peas
- 1 cup fat-free chicken broth
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1⁄4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 2 cans chopped cooked ham
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large skillet (preferably nonstick), heat oil over medium-high heat.
- Add onion; cook and stir until tender, about 5 minutes.
- Stir in mushrooms and ham.
- Cook and stir until mushrooms are tender, about 8 minutes.
- Meanwhile, cook pasta according to package directions; drain; return pasta to saucepan.
- Add mushroom-ham mixture, peas, chicken broth and pepper; cook and stir until hot, about 3 minutes.
- Just before serving, add grated cheese.