Recipe by Evie*
I like this dish when I want something meatless.
Top Review by Derf
Eve, this was very good!! The only change I made was to leave out the fresh basil leaves, couldn't find any, I did add a sprinkle of dried basil. I cut the recipe in half except for the garlic and spinach,left them as is, and used penne pasta. Thanks for sharing a good one!
- 8 ounces pasta, i use farfalle or penne
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 8 ounces mixed mushrooms, eg,oyster,shitake and field,thickly sliced
- 2 cloves crushed garlic
- 4 ounces baby spinach leaves, washed and dried
- 6 sun-dried tomatoes, finely chopped (in oil)
- freshly ground black pepper
- fresh basil leaf (for garnish)
- halved cherry tomatoes (for garnish)
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook the pasta in lightly salted boiling water as per packet instructions.
- Meanwhile, heat the oil in a large frying pan, quickly fry the mushrooms and garlic over a high heat for 2-3 minutes, until just cooked.
- Add the spinach and stir until just wilted, stir in the sun dried tomatoes and season to taste.
- Drain pasta and toss into the mushroom and spinach mixture.
- Turn into a servig dish, and garnish with torn basil leaves and the halved cherry tomatoes.