Prep 15 mins
Cook 18 mins
I like this dish when I want something meatless.
Make and share this Pasta with mushrooms and spinach recipe from Food.com.
- 8 ounces pasta, i use farfalle or penne
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 8 ounces mixed mushrooms, eg,oyster,shitake and field,thickly sliced
- 2 cloves crushed garlic
- 4 ounces baby spinach leaves, washed and dried
- 6 sun-dried tomatoes, finely chopped (in oil)
- freshly ground black pepper
- fresh basil leaf (for garnish)
- halved cherry tomatoes (for garnish)
- Cook the pasta in lightly salted boiling water as per packet instructions.
- Meanwhile, heat the oil in a large frying pan, quickly fry the mushrooms and garlic over a high heat for 2-3 minutes, until just cooked.
- Add the spinach and stir until just wilted, stir in the sun dried tomatoes and season to taste.
- Drain pasta and toss into the mushroom and spinach mixture.
- Turn into a servig dish, and garnish with torn basil leaves and the halved cherry tomatoes.
Eve, this was very good!! The only change I made was to leave out the fresh basil leaves, couldn't find any, I did add a sprinkle of dried basil. I cut the recipe in half except for the garlic and spinach,left them as is, and used penne pasta. Thanks for sharing a good one!
I really enjoyed this recipe. I had most of the ingredients on hand, however the only substitution i made was to use Italian parsley instead of basil and used whole wheat linguini. I look forward to using this recipe again, Evie! Thanks so much for sharing it!
I like making this too but not always with the tomatoes and sun-dried tomatoes. It's good either way but it depends on what I have in the kitchen. Shitakes are a little more flavorful if you can get them. The kind of pasta you use is also changeable. I usually use linguine or fettucine.