This recipe appeared in the Houston Chronicle and it sounds so delicious! I haven't tried it yet. Any short pasta will work and any unused canned pumpkin can be frozen for up to 3 months.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb uncooked penne pasta
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 5 cups thinly sliced shiitake mushroom caps
- 4 cups vertically sliced onions
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh sage
- 1 (12 ounce) can evaporated milk
- 1 1/2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 1/2 tablespoons cold water
- 1/2 cup crumbled gorgonzola
- 1/2 cup canned pumpkin
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon grated whole nutmeg
- 1Cook pasta according to directions omitting oil and salt.
- 2Keep warm.
- 3Heat oil in dutch kettle over medium high heat.
- 4Add onions, mushrooms and garlic; cover and cook 3 minutes.
- 5Uncover and cook 5 minutes, stirring until tender.
- 6Combine chopped sage, and milk in medium saucepan over medium heat.
- 7Bring to a simmer.
- 8Combine cornstarch and water and add to milk mixture with cheese, stirring with a whisk.
- 9Cook cheese mixture for 2 minutes, stirring constantly, until thick and smooth.
- 10Remove from heat and add pumpkin, salt, pepper and nutmeg.
- 11Add pasta, pumpkin mixture to mushroom mixture; toss well to combine.
- 12Garnish with sage sprigs if desired.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pasta With Mushrooms and Pumpkin-Gorgonzola Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (403 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 537.9
- Calories from Fat 106
- Total Fat 11.8 g
- Saturated Fat 5.3 g
- Cholesterol 24.8 mg
- Sodium 664.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 98.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 13.1 g
- Sugars 10.2 g
- Protein 15.2 g