Recipe by quikgourmet
This pasta has a delicious garlic cream sauce which is a fabulous base for the mushrooms and proscuitto. Definitely comfort food at its best and quick gourmet, which is what I love to cook!
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried red pepper
- 3 minced garlic cloves
- 1 1⁄2 cups whipping cream (you'll need 1 pint container)
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 12 ounces sliced mushrooms, chopped
- 12 ounces pasta (your favorite kind)
- 8 slices deli prosciutto or 8 slices ham, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup grated parmesan cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- While water is heating to cook the pasta, bring the broth, garlic, cream, and red pepper to a boil in a separate saucepan.
- Reduce the heat and let it simmer for 20 minutes to allow it to thicken.
- You'll know it's thickened when the cream coats the back of the spoon.
- Remove from heat.
- Cook pasta; while it's cooking, melt butter in a skillet over medium heat.
- Add mushrooms and proscuitto; cook until tender, about 10 minutes, and then remove from heat.
- Drain the pasta and place it back into the same pot.
- Add the cream and the mushroom/proscuitto mixture.
- Stir over low heat until the pasta is mixed with the sauce and all is warmed.
- Toss with the parmesan cheese.
- Cover and let it stand for 1 minute, and then transfer to your favorite pasta bowl and serve.