1/1 Photo of Pasta With Mushroom Wine Sauce
Ninu Dalal's Note:
This is an impressive, but simple and bold dish
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 8 ounces pasta
- 1 lb mushroom
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- salt, to taste
- pepper, to taste
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 1/2 cup white wine or 1/2 cup red wine
- 1/2 cup cream
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley, chopped
- 2 teaspoons rosemary or 2 teaspoons marjoram
- 1Start heating a large pot of water for the pasta. Meanwhile, wash and slice mushrooms.
- 2Heat the oil in a large skillet, add the onions and cook over medium heat until lightly colored.
- 3Raise the heat, add the mushrooms, and saute until they begin to brown, about 4 to 5 minutes.
- 4Season with salt and pepper and add half the garlic. Mix the tomato paste and wine and add it to the mushrooms. Lower the heat and cook for 5 minutes more. If the pan dries, add a little pasta water.
- 5Cook the pasta in the boiling water, then drain and add it to the mushrooms alone with the cream, herbs, and remaining garlic.
- 6Toss, correct the seasonings, and divide among serving plates.
Browse Our Top Pasta, Rice and Grains Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Pasta, Rice and Grains Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pasta With Mushroom Wine Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (352 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 3
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 562.4
- Calories from Fat 207
- Total Fat 23.1 g
- Saturated Fat 9.2 g
- Cholesterol 44.2 mg
- Sodium 74.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 68.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.8 g
- Sugars 7.1 g
- Protein 16.2 g