- 8 ounces pasta
- 1 lb mushroom
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- salt, to taste
- pepper, to taste
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 1⁄2 cup white wine or 1⁄2 cup red wine
- 1⁄2 cup cream
- 1⁄4 cup fresh parsley, chopped
- 2 teaspoons rosemary or 2 teaspoons marjoram
Directions See How It's Made
- Start heating a large pot of water for the pasta. Meanwhile, wash and slice mushrooms.
- Heat the oil in a large skillet, add the onions and cook over medium heat until lightly colored.
- Raise the heat, add the mushrooms, and saute until they begin to brown, about 4 to 5 minutes.
- Season with salt and pepper and add half the garlic. Mix the tomato paste and wine and add it to the mushrooms. Lower the heat and cook for 5 minutes more. If the pan dries, add a little pasta water.
- Cook the pasta in the boiling water, then drain and add it to the mushrooms alone with the cream, herbs, and remaining garlic.
- Toss, correct the seasonings, and divide among serving plates.