Recipe by MizzNezz
This will make a nice meatless dinner for 2 or a side dish for 4. Add a dash of red-pepper flakes for a flavor boost.
Top Review by Bev
What a delightful supper I had this evening! Inez's Past with Mushroom Cream Sauce is a treat as a side or as a main dish. I had it as a main dish, as I was dining alone this evening. I used bowtie pasta as Inez suggested and added just a touch more salt and parmesan for my taste. Excellent recipe, Inez!
- 12 ounces pasta, i like bowties
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 cups sliced mushrooms
- 1⁄4 cup minced onion
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 2 cups milk
- 1⁄2 teaspoon basil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄4 cup shredded parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon parsley
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook pasta according to pkg directions; drain.
- In skillet, heat butter over med-hi and saute mushrooms for 2 minutes.
- Add onions and garlic; cook for 1 minute.
- Add flour and cook and stir for 1 minute.
- Add milk, basil, salt and pepper.
- Cook and stir until sauce is thickened and smooth.
- Remove from heat; add Parmesan cheese.
- Toss with drained pasta.
- Sprinkle with parsley.