Prep 8 mins
Cook 8 mins
This will make a nice meatless dinner for 2 or a side dish for 4. Add a dash of red-pepper flakes for a flavor boost.
- Cook pasta according to pkg directions; drain.
- In skillet, heat butter over med-hi and saute mushrooms for 2 minutes.
- Add onions and garlic; cook for 1 minute.
- Add flour and cook and stir for 1 minute.
- Add milk, basil, salt and pepper.
- Cook and stir until sauce is thickened and smooth.
- Remove from heat; add Parmesan cheese.
- Toss with drained pasta.
- Sprinkle with parsley.
What a delightful supper I had this evening! Inez's Past with Mushroom Cream Sauce is a treat as a side or as a main dish. I had it as a main dish, as I was dining alone this evening. I used bowtie pasta as Inez suggested and added just a touch more salt and parmesan for my taste. Excellent recipe, Inez!
Tasted fine but alittle too rich for our tastes. I also found that 12 oz is way too much pasta for 2 servings. If I end up trying this again I will cut back the sauce more.
I made this last night when I ws looking for a quick and easy pasta dish for meatless mondays. It was very good and very easy to make. I usually always have a container of shredded 4-cheese italian blend and so that is what I used instead of the parm. I was unfortunately at the very end of the container so I did not have the amount called for in the recipe and so I think that is why I felt the dish was missing something. I will make this again and will make sure to have enough cheese next time.