Recipe by Jewelies
Use your favourite pasta to serve with this recipe. The original recipe suggested Tagliatelle.
Top Review by Cheri 911
Delicious and super easy. And VERY rich. The only change I made was to use crema instead of creme fraiche (availability), I think it translated perfectly. Thanks for sharing!
Edit: The next day I had some of this left over, and I added a spoonful of capers. WOW! I would recommend this addition very highly. It cuts the richness and adds a nice little zing.
- 500 g pasta (fresh or dried)
- 40 g butter
- 200 g bacon, rashers cut into thin strips
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 teaspoons rosemary, chopped
- 200 g mushrooms, sliced
- 200 ml creme fraiche
- 100 g cheddar cheese, grated, plus extra to serve
- 50 g walnuts, toasted, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup flat leaf parsley, chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook the pasta in a large saucepan of boiling salted water according to packet instructions, then drain.
- Meanwhile, melt the butter in a deep fry pan over medium heat. Add the bacon and cook for 2 minutes. Add the garlic, rosemary and mushrooms and cook, stirring occasionally, for a further 5-6 minutes.
- Add the creme fraiche and grated cheese and stir for 2 minutes, then add three quarters of the toasted walnuts.
- Add the drained pasta and parsley to the sauce, tossing together until heated through.
- Divide among sering bowls, then sprinkle with remaining nuts and extra cheese.