Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled and crushed (more if you want!)
- 350 g cherry tomatoes, halved
- 200 ml vegetable stock
- 15 g butter
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh basil
- 200 g monkfish fillets, cubed
- 12 raw tiger shrimp
- fresh ground black pepper
- 250 g pappardelle pasta or 250 g linguine
- 1 red chile (optional)
- Heat oil in a pan, add the garlic (and chilli) and fry for 1 min.
- Stil in the tomatoes and stock and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Stir in the butter and basil and add the monkfish and the prawns to the mixture.
- season with pepper and cook for 5 minutes until the monkfish is opaque abd the prawns turn pink.
- meanwhile cook the pappadelle in a large pan of boiling salted water Drain the past and add to the tomato and seafood sauce and serve at once.
I cooked this for my GF last night and it worked out pretty well. It had a great taste, the addition of the very finely chopped chili worked well (it got a specific comment). It was very simple to make. I used rock-shrimp instead of tiger shrimp as the latter (to my mind) look good but rarely have much flavour. The rock-shrimp were very sweet and tasty. I deseeded the chili so it was not really hot at all, just there in the background. With the remaining bunch of basil, I chopped the lot up, and froze it in 1tbsp portions with water in an ice cube tray, for future use (it made 11!). I used three cloves of crushed garlic. The sauce came out thinner than I had expected. I was trying to reduce it down a bit, but just ended up breaking the tomatoes up. In future, I'll keep the tomato pieces whole for visual appeal. I'll definitely do this recipe again. Next time I'll probably try 150ml or less of stock, and maybe add some tomato paste, to try and give the pasta a bit more coverage with sauce. Thanks for the recipe, with a bit of experimentation and tweeking this one is going to be a perennial!