Mom's best recipe- a savory meat sauce for pasta. Reminds me of my childhood :)
Make and share this Pasta With Meat Sauce recipe from Food.com.
- 1. Saute onions in small amount of olive oil until light brown. If using fresh garlic, dice up two cloves and put in with onions.
- 2. Once onions are soft and light brown, mix in meat, and sprinkle with Mrs Dash salt/pepper. Saute until brown.
- 3. Add in can of crushed tomatoes and can of tomato sauce and stir.
- 4. Simmer for 45 minutes at least. Taste and add more seasoning if needed.
- 5. Boil water for pasta and cook pasta for 8 to 10 minutes. We like our pasta al dente (not too soft). Taste as you go.
- 6.When ready - strain - make sure all the water is gone. Put a little sauce on pasta so it does not stick. Keep the rest of the sauce in the bowl so you can each have as much as you want. A salad is a great side dish -- add grated parmesan if you like.