1/1 Photo of Pasta With Meat Sauce
1 hr 20 mins
Mom's best recipe- a savory meat sauce for pasta. Reminds me of my childhood :)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 11. Saute onions in small amount of olive oil until light brown. If using fresh garlic, dice up two cloves and put in with onions.
- 22. Once onions are soft and light brown, mix in meat, and sprinkle with Mrs Dash salt/pepper. Saute until brown.
- 33. Add in can of crushed tomatoes and can of tomato sauce and stir.
- 44. Simmer for 45 minutes at least. Taste and add more seasoning if needed.
- 55. Boil water for pasta and cook pasta for 8 to 10 minutes. We like our pasta al dente (not too soft). Taste as you go.
- 66.When ready - strain - make sure all the water is gone. Put a little sauce on pasta so it does not stick. Keep the rest of the sauce in the bowl so you can each have as much as you want. A salad is a great side dish -- add grated parmesan if you like.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pasta With Meat Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (447 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 3
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1158.6
- Calories from Fat 324
- Total Fat 36.0 g
- Saturated Fat 12.4 g
- Cholesterol 142.2 mg
- Sodium 1385.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 144.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 11.1 g
- Sugars 19.6 g
- Protein 63.1 g