Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
Originally from Gourmet or originally from my neighbor's cousin in New York? I think it's a toss up! Anyway, it is a change of pace. We like to serve it with my famous Roasted Chicken, Best Roasted Chicken You'll Ever Have!! and a big Merlot! Enjoy.
- 1 lb pasta (shells, linguine or elbow)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1⁄4 cup fine dry breadcrumb
- 2 1⁄2 teaspoons fresh sage leaves, chopped
- 1 tablespoon garlic, minced
- 1 cup mascarpone cheese, room temperature
- 1 cup parmesan cheese, freshly grated
- Cook the pasta according to package instructions.
- To a medium-hot skillet, heat olive oil and add bread crumbs, sage, garlic and salt and pepper to taste and saute for about 3-4 minutes.
- In a large bowl stir together mascarpone and Parmesan and add pasta and toss.
- At this point you might want to salt and pepper again.
- Sprinkle the bread crumb mixture over the pasta as it is served.
Super easy, quick and delicious-- easy to throw together, especially after a long work day when I had no idea what to cook. Luckily I had a tub of Trader Joe's mascarpone in the fridge and fresh sage from my garden. I threw in a sprig of thyme as well, and used a little of the pasta water to help the "sauce" come together. Served it with fresh sliced garden tomatoes, and was a hit with me and my picky husband!