1/1 Photo of Pasta With Lima Beans and Swiss Chard
A teacher friend brought this in for her lunch and it smelled wonderful! I bugged her for 2 weeks to give me the recipe...this is the result. :)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2838.0 ml water
- 44.37 ml olive oil
- 6 garlic cloves, thickly sliced
- 1.23 ml red pepper flakes
- 29.58 ml fresh Italian parsley, chopped
- 1 onion, chopped
- 354.88 ml frozen lima beans, thawed
- 177.44 ml prosciutto or 177.44 ml ham, chopped
- 59.14 ml dry white wine
- 354.88 ml chicken stock
- 78.07 ml whipping cream
- 3.69 ml salt
- 1.23 ml black pepper
- 709.77 ml swiss chard or 709.77 ml spinach, thinly sliced
- 453.59 g penne or 453.59 g spaghetti
- 59.14 ml parmigiano-reggiano cheese, freshly grated
- 1Bring the water to a boil in a large pot.
- 2Heat the olive oil in a large saute pan set on high heat until sizzling, about 2 minutes.
- 3Add the garlic, red pepper flakes, parsley, onion, lima beans and prosciutto or ham.
- 4Reduce the heat to medium and cook until the garlic begins to brown and the onion is soft, about 5-6 minutes.
- 5Stir in the wine and boil until reduced by half, about 2 minutes.
- 6Add the chicken stock, cream, salt and pepper and simmer for 10-15 minutes, until the sauce is slightly thickened.
- 7Add the Swiss chard or spinach leaves to the sauce about 2 minutes before it's done, stirring well.
- 8While the sauce is simmering, add the pasta to the boiling water and cook until just tender.
- 9Drain the pasta well and return it to the pot.
- 10Pour the sauce over the pasta and cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, for 3 minutes.
- 11Remove the pan from the heat, stir in cheese and serve.
Browse Our Top Greens Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pasta With Lima Beans and Swiss Chard
Serving Size: 1 (717 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 713.0
- Calories from Fat 203
- Total Fat 22.6 g
- Saturated Fat 7.5 g
- Cholesterol 33.4 mg
- Sodium 779.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 110.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 17.0 g
- Sugars 3.4 g
- Protein 17.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included: