Prep 10 mins
Cook 35 mins
Goat Cheese transforms a pasta lentil mix into a tangy main-course
- 2 cups vegetable broth
- 6 ounces lentils, rinsed and drained
- 1 tablespoon thyme, chopped
- 8 ounces orecchiette or 8 ounces medium pasta shells
- 1⁄3 cup white wine vinegar
- 3 tablespoons parsley, chopped
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon honey (or to taste)
- 1 clove garlic, minced or pressed
- 1⁄2 cup crumbled goat cheese or 1⁄2 cup crumbled feta cheese
- salt and pepper
- Bring broth to boil over high heat.
- Add lentils and thyme, reduce heat, cover and simmer until lentils are tender (20-30 minutes) Cook pasta according to package directions Drain pasta and lentils, transfer to serving bowl, keep warm.
- Combine vinegar, parsley, oil, honey and garlic in small bowl.
- Beat until blended.
- Add to pasta and mix gently.
- Sprinkle with cheese.
- Salt and Pepper to taste.
Tangy and tasty - I love lentils and pasta together. Loved the goat cheese and I'm sure feta would be great too. Thanks for sharing!
very simple and tasy - i grilled some of the cheese and added it on top of the lentils and pasta layered on fresh vine tomatoes with salad leaves. Very nice
It was a bit TOO tangy- hot vinegar just doesn't do it for me. I'll try it again leaving out the vinegar, 'cause everything else was great. It even worked well on my whole wheat pasta!