Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
Looking for a new way to spice up your pasta. This is an amazing recipe, that is quick and easy to make. It is a recipe that any of your guests will love, and they'll definitely be asking for the recipe. I use prawns in place of shrimps. Enjoy Recipe from Chatelaine magazine
- 500 g pasta (Your choice)
- 340 g frozen peeled uncooked shrimp or 340 g prawns
- 2 cups asparagus
- 2 lemons
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 cup pesto sauce
- Cook pasta according to directions.
- Meanwhile, defrost shrimps and peel.
- Once defrosted, pat dry with paper towels.
- Snap and discard tough ends of asparagus, then slice asparagus in half diagonally. Add to boiling pasta water for last 2 minutes of cooking. Drain pasta and asparagus, then place in a large bowl.
- While pasta is cooking, finely grate 1 Tbsp peel from lemons and squeeze out about 1/2 Cup lemon juice. Melt butter in large frying pan over med-high heat. Add garlic and shrimps. Stir often until shrimps turn bright pink, about 3-4 minute, remove from heat. Stir in pesto, lemon juice, and peel, then turn over pasta until evenly mixed.
- Serve in pasta bowl and enjoy.
This recipe was such a delight! Being a beginner cook, I found this recipe easy to follow. The lemon and pesto made the shrimp extremely tasty! Instead of 3 garlic cloves I used 1 and sliced the asparagus into little pieces about 1/2 inch and it turned out wonderful! The prep time took about 45 mins to 1 hour and the cooking about 15-20 mins. Altogether this meal was a hit for dinner!!!