Recipe by D Rusak
I made this one day when I was running out of food. Surprisingly, it tastes really great! This would probably be good with chicken or chicken substitute as well.
- 1⁄4 lb pasta (use a fun shape!)
- 2 tablespoons vegan butter
- 1⁄2 lemon
- 5 black olives
- 5 green olives
- 1 teaspoon tomato paste
- 1 teaspoon marjoram, scant
- fresh ground pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook pasta until just al dente.
- Meanwhile melt 1 tbsp butter in a small saucepan.
- Finely dice the olives and add to the pan, along with most of the juice from the lemon, and zest from the lemon. Use good quality olives (otherwise it is not worth making the dish). I used Moroccan oil-cured olives and Crespo brand marinated green olives.
- Let this simmer for a few minutes and then add the tomato paste, marjoram, the rest of the butter, and the rest of the lemon juice. Stir together to dissolve the tomato paste.
- Add cooked pasta and serve with freshly ground pepper.