This is a Canadian Health Check recipe that's seriously yummy and totally simple too!
Make and share this Pasta With Lemon Olive Oil recipe from Food.com.
- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon zest
- 1⁄4 cup lemon juice
- 1⁄3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 large garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄2 cup kalamata olive, sliced (optional)
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes, halved
- 3 tablespoons basil, julienned
- salt & freshly ground black pepper (to taste)
- 1 lb fresh linguine
- 1⁄4 cup grated parmesan cheese (opitonal)
- Combine the lemon zest, lemon juice, Extra Virgin Olive Oil, garlic cloves, Kalamata olives and cherry tomatoes.
- Cook pasta and reserve 1/4 cup (60mL) pasta water.
- Drain and toss pasta with olive oil mixture and reserved pasta water.
- Toss with basil and Parmesan cheese, season with salt and pepper.
- Garnish with extra Parmesan cheese if desired.
Very good!! I put shrimp in also. Will definitely make this again. Maybe add asparugus and shrimp the next time.
wow was this delicious.. I used mini orange and yellow cherry tomatoes and grated romano instead of parmesan
This is a wonderfully easy and delicious pasta dish. The lemony flavor is light and tasty flavored so well with the seasonings. I used whole-wheat linguini and omitted the olives because I didn't have any though they would be delicious with it. I did add a few more tomatoes in their place, however. Very tasty! Thanks for sharing, Annacia. Made for Photo Tag.