Prep 15 mins
Cook 12 mins
This is a recipe by Nigella Lawson that I saw yesterday in a magazine at the hair salon. It is similar to others posted but will be very UK-user friendly as it doesn't use imperial measurements plus UK-available ingredients. For those in the US, "double cream" could be substituted with half and half or just plain cream. I will definitely be using this one when spring arrives.
- 2 egg yolks
- 150 ml double cream
- 50 g parmesan cheese, freshly grated
- 1 lemon, juice and zest of
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 750 g egg pasta
- 15 g butter
- fresh herb, roughly chopped
- Zest and juice the lemon.
- Mix these with the egg yolks, cream and parmesan cheese and season to taste with the salt and pepper.
- Boil pasta.
- When ready, reserve a big spoonful of the water, then drain.
- Return pasta to pan (off heat) and add sauce, mixing quickly.
- Move fast to keep everything from going cold.
- Add a little of the reserved liquid if it goes dry.
- Serve immediately.
- Garnish with herbs.
- Note: cooking time is approximate, varies with pasta chosen.