Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
This is a good side-dish as is, or turn it into an easy one-dish meal by adding 8 oz of leftover cooked roast or chicken that has been cut in bite-size pieces
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil, divided
- 4 cups thinly sliced leeks, white and light green parts only,split lengthwise,washed well,drained,and thinly sliced crosswise (about 4 small or 2 fairly large)
- 1 (14 ounce) canquartered artichoke hearts, rinsed and drained
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon, zest of
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1 cup chicken broth, about
- 8 ounces uncooked dry short spiral shaped pasta, of your choice,cooked until al dente in boiling salted water
- freshly grated parmesan cheese, served on the side (optional)
- Heat 1 tbsp olive oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add sliced leeks, and saute about 8-10 minutes or until tender.
- Add artichoke heart quarters, and cook for 1 minute or until heated through.
- Combine remaining 1 Tbsp olive oil, lemon zest, lemon juice, salt, and pepper in a small bowl.
- Stir to combine, and set aside for a couple minutes.
- Combine hot cooked pasta, leek mixture, and lemon juice mixture in a large bowl.
- Toss gently, drizzle with chicken broth, and toss again.