Toby Jermain's Note:
This is a good side-dish as is, or turn it into an easy one-dish meal by adding 8 oz of leftover cooked roast or chicken that has been cut in bite-size pieces
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil, divided
- 4 cups thinly sliced leeks, white and light green parts only,split lengthwise,washed well,drained,and thinly sliced crosswise (about 4 small or 2 fairly large)
- 1 (14 ounce) can quartered artichoke hearts, rinsed and drained
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon, zest of
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1 cup chicken broth, about
- 8 ounces uncooked dry short spiral shaped pasta, of your choice,cooked until al dente in boiling salted water
- freshly grated parmesan cheese, served on the side (optional)
- 1Heat 1 tbsp olive oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat.
- 2Add sliced leeks, and saute about 8-10 minutes or until tender.
- 3Add artichoke heart quarters, and cook for 1 minute or until heated through.
- 4Combine remaining 1 Tbsp olive oil, lemon zest, lemon juice, salt, and pepper in a small bowl.
- 5Stir to combine, and set aside for a couple minutes.
- 6Combine hot cooked pasta, leek mixture, and lemon juice mixture in a large bowl.
- 7Toss gently, drizzle with chicken broth, and toss again.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pasta With Leeks and Artichokes
Serving Size: 1 (323 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 387.3
- Calories from Fat 75
- Total Fat 8.3 g
- Saturated Fat 1.2 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 1121.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 67.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 8.9 g
- Sugars 5.8 g
- Protein 13.5 g