Toby Jermain's Note:
This is a good side-dish as is, or turn it into an easy one-dish meal by adding 8 oz of leftover cooked roast or chicken that has been cut in bite-size pieces
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil, divided
- 4 cups thinly sliced leeks, white and light green parts only,split lengthwise,washed well,drained,and thinly sliced crosswise (about 4 small or 2 fairly large)
- 1 (14 ounce) can quartered artichoke hearts, rinsed and drained
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon, zest of
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1 cup chicken broth, about
- 8 ounces uncooked dry short spiral shaped pasta, of your choice,cooked until al dente in boiling salted water
- freshly grated parmesan cheese, served on the side (optional)
- 1Heat 1 tbsp olive oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat.
- 2Add sliced leeks, and saute about 8-10 minutes or until tender.
- 3Add artichoke heart quarters, and cook for 1 minute or until heated through.
- 4Combine remaining 1 Tbsp olive oil, lemon zest, lemon juice, salt, and pepper in a small bowl.
- 5Stir to combine, and set aside for a couple minutes.
- 6Combine hot cooked pasta, leek mixture, and lemon juice mixture in a large bowl.
- 7Toss gently, drizzle with chicken broth, and toss again.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pasta With Leeks and Artichokes
Serving Size: 1 (323 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 387.3
- Calories from Fat 75
- Total Fat 8.3 g
- Saturated Fat 1.2 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 1121.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 67.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 8.9 g
- Sugars 5.8 g
- Protein 13.5 g