Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 1⁄2 cups thinly sliced leeks (about 3 large)
- 3 yellow bell peppers, peeled and cut into 1/4-inch strips
- 1 cup reduced-sodium fat-free chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon rind
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1⁄2 cup reduced-fat cream cheese
- 3 cups hot cooked orecchiette (about 3/4 pound uncooked)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1⁄2 cup grated fresh parmesan cheese
- 1⁄4 cup chopped fresh chives
- 1⁄4 cup thinly sliced fresh basil
- 3 tablespoons pine nuts, toasted
- Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add leek and bell pepper strips; saute 4 minutes.
- Stir in broth, rind, and juice; cook 3 minutes.
- Add the cream cheese. Reduce heat to medium-low; cook until cream cheese melts (about 2 minutes), stirring constantly.
- Add pasta, salt, and pepper, and cook for 2 minutes or until thoroughly heated.
- Stir in Parmesan and remaining ingredients. Serve immediately.