Prep 5 mins
Cook 25 mins
A great pasta dish with kielbasa, sauerkraut and a mustard sauce.
- 12 ounces ziti pasta, uncooked
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 lb kielbasa, sliced into 1/2 inch pieces
- 12 ounces sauerkraut, drained and rinsed
- 2 tablespoons dijon-style mustard or 2 tablespoons yellow mustard
- 1 pinch cayenne pepper
- 1⁄4 cup white wine
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped
- Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Add pasta, and cook for 8 to 10 minutes, or until al dente; drain.
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Cook onion and bell pepper in oil, stirring frequently, until onion is tender. Stir in garlic and kielbasa, and cook until kielbasa begins to brown, about 8 minutes. Stir in sauerkraut, mustard, and cayenne; cook about 4 minutes more. Stir in wine and parsley, and heat through.
- Toss ziti with kielbasa and sauerkraut, and serve immediately.