Recipe by Ppaperdoll
adapted from 'Cooking Light' to suit my family's tastes.
Top Review by luvmybge
I love this stuff. Of course I add much more hot pepper and I used frozen chopped spinach instead of kale. I also added just a touch of cornstarch so the sauce would stick to my pasta. I can eat this hot or cold.. that's how delicious it is! I served it over penne pasta. It is so delicious you just have to try it!
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 large garlic cloves, minced
- 1 cup vegetable stock
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄8 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 1⁄2 lbs kale, washed, dried, stalks removed, and torn into bite-sized pieces
- 6 cups hot cooked spiral shaped pasta (about 4 cups uncooked)
- 1 (19 ounce) can kidney beans, drained
- 3⁄4 cup parmesan cheese, grated
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat olive oil in a large saucepan over medium heat. Add garlic, stock, salt and peppers and cook 2 minutes. Reduce heat to low, stir in kale, pasta, and beans, and cook 2 minutes until all is heated through. Spoon into shallow bowls and top with cheese.