Top Review by bricookie55
I couldn't speak more highly of this recipe. We fell madly in love with it the first time I made it, and I just realized I never reviewed it! I'm about to make it again tonight to use some homegrown green and jalapeno peppers and tomatoes. Thanks so much for posting!
- 5 tablespoons shelled pumpkin seeds
- 2 green bell peppers
- 3 jalapeno peppers
- 1⁄4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- freshly ground black pepper
- 1 lb linguine
- 1 1⁄2 cups halved cherry tomatoes
- 1⁄2 lime, cut into wedges
Directions See How It's Made
- Toast the pumpkin seeds in a preheated 350 degree F (175 degree C) oven for 6-8 minutes .
- Raise the oven's temperature to 450 degrees F (230 degrees C).
- Place the bell and jalapeno peppers on a baking sheet.
- Roast the peppers for 15-20 minutes ; until the skin blisters.
- Let the peppers cool a bit then pull the skin away from the flesh; discard the skin.
- In a food processor or blender combine 4 tablespoons of the pumpkin seeds, cilantro, garlic and the peppers.
- Blend until the contents are coarsely chopped.
- With the machine running, slowly add the oil and the lime juice.
- Blend in the salt and pepper Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil.
- Cook the pasta, stirring occasionally until it is just tender.
- Drain and return the pasta to the pot.
- Set the pot over medium heat, add the tomatoes and the pesto.
- Stir well.
- Add more salt and pepper, if you'd like.
- Spoon the pasta onto plates.
- Serve the pasta garnished with the remaining pumpkin seeds and lime wedges.