Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 30 mins
Cook 24 mins
This is a really tasty recipe I got from my Baby Purees book. I tasted this after making it and thought it would be great for the older kids as well. It has a great flavor and is so healthy. I added alphabet pasta for my 10mo old baby. It could easily be used with any pasta. I didn't have any mascarpone when I made it but I do think that would give it great flavor.
- 2 tablespoons light olive oil
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 2 small carrots, peeled and chopped
- 1 medium zucchini, trimmed and chopped
- 1 cup wiped and chopped button mushroom
- 3 plum tomatoes, peeled, seeded and chopped
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 1 (15 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 1⁄2 cup vegetable stock (or chicken stock)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon torn basil leaves
- fresh ground pepper
- 6 ounces pasta, shapes
- 3 tablespoons mascarpone cheese (optional)
- Heat the oil in a saucepan, add the onion and garlic, and saute for about 3 minutes. Add the carrots and saute for 4-5 minutes. Add the zucchini and saute for 2 minutes, followed by the mushrooms, sauteing for 2 minutes. Add the fresh tomatoes and the butter and saute for 2 minutes. Pour in the can of tomatoes and half the juice. Finally add the stock, sugar and basil and season with pepper to taste. Cover and cook over medium heat for 10 minutes. Then blend to puree.
- Meanwhile, cook the pasta according to the package instructions until tender, but without adding any salt. Toss the cooked pasta with the sauce and marcarpone (if using).