Recipe by Marz
From Cooking Light Magazine. This makes a quick and rather light dinner. Great for summer.
Top Review by LonghornMama
Very nice! The whole family enjoyed this simple summer meal. Creamy without being heavy. I increased all ingredients in the recipe by 1/3, using 16 oz angel hair pasta and 8 oz goat cheese. The goat cheese is not overwhelming, so even people who aren't goat cheese lovers would probably enjoy this dish. Love those Cooking Light recipes! Thanks for sharing!
- 12 ounces uncooked angel hair pasta
- 6 tablespoons garlic and herb goat cheese
- 1⁄3 cup chopped fresh basil
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons bottled minced garlic
- 2 cups cherry tomatoes, halved (about 1 pint)
- 2⁄3 cup reduced-sodium fat-free chicken broth
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook pasta according to package directions, omitting salt and fat. Drain; place in a large bowl. Add goat cheese, basil, salt, and pepper to pasta; stir until well blended.
- While pasta cooks, heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add garlic; sauté 30 seconds. Add tomatoes; cook 2 minutes, stirring frequently. Add broth; cook 1 minute. Add tomato mixture to pasta mixture; toss gently to combine.