Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
This is a quick and easy pasta dish that you can serve with your favorite meat.
- 7 ounces linguine
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 1⁄3 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon oregano leaves
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- parmesan cheese
- Cook linguine according to package directions and then drain.
- Melt butter in large Pyrex measuring cup and blend in remaining ingredients except cheese.
- Place pasta and butter back into saucepan used to cook the pasta in.
- Cook pasta for two minutes until reheated; stir constantly.
- Put cooked pasta into serving bowl topped with Parmesan cheese.
Apr 7, 2004 Very fresh taste, simple and quick side dish, would go with almost anything. We had it with pork chops. Love the parsley, lemon, cheese combination. Thanks for sharing a quick one. Update May 21/04 : made it tonight with fresh from the garden oregano and parsley, and fresh smashed garlic, exceptionally good!! Try it, you'll love it. Here I am again, lovely pasta, had to use cheddar cheese, it worked just fine! delicious!!
This recipe was so good. It was easy to make. I didn't have fresh parsley,so I just used parsley flakes. I served it as a side dish to fish. The pasta was devoured and everyone kept looking for more.
Tasty, quick, easy! What more could you want? How about a great foundation for lots of variations? I followed the recipe, except for the type of pasta used. Yum!!! This would be great with any sort of pasta and I'm looking forward to trying other fresh and dried herb combinations in the future. I'll bet it would even be great on steamed red potatoes. An essential to this recipe is the lemon juice, which acts as a flavor enhancer, so don't even think of leaving that out or substituting.