Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
For Toddlers. I got this recipe from a web-site for making baby food. I made this for lunch today and my toddler loved it. **Variation: Tuna and rice.
- 2 ounces small shell pasta (I used ring pasta)
- 1⁄2 cup frozen vegetables
- 2 tablespoons margarine
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 2⁄3 cup milk
- 1⁄2 cup colby or 1⁄2 cup cheddar cheese, grated and divided
- 2 slices ham, chopped
- salt & pepper
- Cook pasta in boiling water for 5 minutes.
- Add vegetables and cook 5 minutes more.
- Melt margarine in a saucepan.
- Stir in flour.
- Gradually add milk, bring to a boil, stirring until thick and smooth.
- Stir in 2/3 of the cheese into sauce.
- Add drained pasta and vegetables, ham, salt and pepper.
- Serve, sprinkling the remaining cheese on top.